July 4th Party Poppers
Make your own party poppers filled with of candy or other prizes for a 4th of July party. Follow the instructions by Little Birdie Secrets to create patriotic party poppers filled with your favorite things.
- Toilet paper/paper towel roll
- Cracker Snaps--I bought mine at my local Packaging Specialties store. (They have locations in Seattle and Redmond WA, and Portland, OR.) You can find them online at some packaging/party supply sites, like Olde English Crackers. They're about $4.25 for 25 crackers.
- Tissue paper
- Tape or glue
- Goodies to go inside the tube (candy, money, small toys, etc.)
- Fill your tube with all the goodies. You can choose to put a small piece of tape over the openings to prevent them from falling out. I didn’t, but then I had to be really careful when finishing the party poppers.
- Cut your tissue paper to your desired size.
- Wrap the roll in tissue paper. Place the cracker snap on the outside of the roll after you wrap it in tissue paper. After some experimenting I found that the cracker snaps better if it is between the tissue paper and your card stock.
- Cut your card stock to your desired length and attach to the outside of your roll. Glue or tape shut so it stays on.
- Tie the ends of your roll off with coordinating ribbon. I used pinking shears to finish off my tissue paper edges, but this is not necessary.
- Throw a fun party so you can use them! Get creative. This would be such a fun way to tell others you are getting married or you are expecting. I stuffed mine with dollar bills. My oldest daughter would like this much more than little toys or candy (meee tooo!).