16 Free July 4th Crafts
A tight budget in the current economy does not have to stop you from celebrating America this July 4th. Save money on decorations for your home and show your American pride with free July 4th crafts. This collection includes 4th of July decorating ideas, 4th of July crafts for a party and crafts to wear to the fireworks and other July 4th events. Doing craft projects with family and friends offers fun ways to celebrate the July 4th holiday.
Some of these free July 4th crafts represent lovely Americana décor, which you will want to keep in your home all year round. The color combination of red, white and blue, shown here in stars, patriotic angels and painted signs, is always a lovely addition to the home. Some of these free July 4th crafts make great gifts for hostesses, summer birthdays and Father’s Day.
Free July 4th Crafts Table of Contents
Want even more 4th of July ideas? Check out our free printable collection, 4th of July Crafts, and be prepared to celebrate America all month long!
- Uncle Sam Sign: This wonderful sign says “God Bless America” next to an easily crafted Uncle Sam. Put on a stake to place outside your home on 4th of July.
- Patriotic Starburst Bouquet: Requiring little more than paint, foam and a spare garden pot, these fun bouquets are the ultimate free July 4th crafts.
- Patriotic Flying Angel: This great home accent piece made with simple wood pieces looks great as an Americana home accent piece even after July 4th.
- 4th of July Star Wreath: Makes patriotic wreaths from ribbon and paper or foam and hang from doors, windows and even chair backs for decorative free July 4th crafts.
- Red, White and Blue Stars: These wood stars are a simple painting project for July 4th and look fantastic on any outdoor or indoor wall.
- Stars and Stripes Pillow: Simple sewing projects like these easy pillows are great 4th of July decorating ideas.
- 4th of July Star Wall Hanging: Scrapbook paper in red, white and blue transforms into a pretty hanging star for any wall of your home.
Be sure to check out 25 4th of July Crafts for even more great projects and tutorials for your Independence Day celebration!
- American Applique: For easy yet stylish patriotism, add an American flag appliqué piece to any shirt or sweatshirt.
- Independence Feast Apron: A colorful apron with red, white and blue stars is a great way to wear your pride. You can even wear this apron while doing these free july 4th crafts.
- American Picnic Basket: Carry this American flag picnic basket with you to a July 4th picnic, the fireworks or other event.
- Star Bangled Bracelet: Kids can help paint wood bangles as the perfect wearable free july 4th crafts.
Celebrate your patriotism all year long with this collection of 29 Patriotic Crafts and Ideas. Great for Memorial Day and 4th of July, this collection is sure to make you proud to be an American!
- 4th of July Centerpieces: Create paper “candle” centerpieces with pictures of family and friends for a July 4th party.
- Independence Day Centerpieces: Full of stars and painted firecrackers, these centerpieces are great for outdoor feasts on the fourth.
- Red, White and Blue BBQ Skewer: Use leftover wooden spools to create these fun and functional BBQ skewers.
- Painted Stars and Stripes Planter: Perk up an outdoor gathering with a scattering of these easy painted pots in patriotic colors.
- 4th of July Cookout Invites: Invite friends and family to a 4th of July cookout or party with these cute cards.