50+ Felt Crafts for Beginners
Use up all those felt sheets you've stockpiled. It's time to make easy felt crafts for adults and kids alike.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Felt crafts for beginners are some of the most enjoyable crafts to make. Felt is such a wonderful craft material in itself, suitable for traditional crafts for adults as well as very easy kids crafts. You can make a wealth of crafts using standard craft felt, and our easiest projects are at your fingertips.
What are the types of felt? There is craft felt, eco-friendly felt, blended wool felt, 100% wool felt, and 100% wool roving, among others! Craft felt is the go-to for kids craft projects and other inexpensive projects you'd like to create, while wool felts may be used for wearable projects, accessories, and other higher end ideas. You can learn more about the 5 Types of Felt in our handy article.
Felt is such a fantastic material to work with. It's easy, inexpensive, and you can make so many projects! It doesn't ravel out like other fiber arts, and it's so convenient to simply cut the shapes with scissors and go. If you're wondering, can you wash craft felt, yes you can, which is another reason this material is so great.
You can also felt wool that you already have on hand. Recycle materials you have on hand to create felt projects. If you're wondering how to felt wool, we have two excellent tutorials that will teach you how!
Table of Contents
If you're looking for more ways to make felt, explore our helpful article! Ways to Make Your Own Felt + 11 Felt Crafts
Getting Started Working with Felt
Use any and all of the materials listed below as needed for your felt projects.
-Felt sheets in patterns and colors of your choice
-Embroidery thread and needles
-Embellishments like sequins, pearls, and crystals
Before you begin, here are a few great tips for working with felt from our readers:
"Always use a good sharp pair of scissors and be careful felt when stretched breaks easily." - Charlotte K.
"You can use dies to cut out your pieces." - Maryann S.
"I make lil stuffed animals; put a bell inside for your kitty." - Timi M.
Do you have more great tips for working with felt? Let us know in the comments!
Easy Felt Crafts for Adults: Felt Sewing Crafts
Sewing is one go-to project for craft felt, especially when it comes to hand stitching or beginner embroidery. It's amazing what gorgeous projects you can make with felt and a sewing machine. Your home decor needs and other desires will be met by some of the gorgeous felt sewing tutorials below. Check out the gallery of felt crafts for adults; you might have a similar reaction to walking into World Market or any of your other favorite home goods stores.
- Felt Organizers Set
- Pillows from Felted Sweaters
- Fried Egg Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Upcycled Sweater Bunny Craft
- Valentine's Day Garland
- Lily Mother's Day Craft
- Valentine's Day Heart Box
- Fab Felt Pot Protectors
- Zinnia Felt Flower Embroidery Hoop Art
- Industrial Felt Basket
- Sophisticated Felt Tablet Wallet
- Fanciful Felt Pouches
- DIY Painted Jewelry Box
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
No Sew Felt Crafts for Adults
No sew felt crafts are even more thrilling than ones requiring sewing for those of us who aren't particularly adept with a needle and thread. These projects might look like sewing projects but they can all be made with other products to keep them together. A little goes a long way with these hot glue gun crafts.
- Fringed Felt Heart
- Rosebud Felt Flower Bouquet
- Fruit Salad Coasters
- No Sew Strawberry Coasters
- Zero Calorie Cinnamon Rolls
- Felt Leaf Garland
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Felt Princess Flower Crown
- Dreamy DIY Sleep Mask
- Cheery Trees DIY Skirt
- Owlish DIY Wall Decor
- Pet Graduation Caps
- Button Monogram DIY Pillow Pattern
Did you know you can use a die cutting machine to cut felt? Learn how with our lovely tutorial: Felt Flower Corsage Craft
Felt Craft Ideas for Kids
There's something about felt that just seems to represent kids crafting in a way. Explore the gallery below for beautiful felt craft ideas for kids. Find a variety of projects to make for different ages, and enjoy working together with your kids to put together these cute projects! A low-cost craft material like felt is great for young crafters, and it's even enjoyable to touch!
Felt Christmas Crafts
Craft felt has been around for a long time, giving it a sort of vintage feel when it comes to crafting! Nothing goes better with Christmas than traditional crafts, and many beautiful and traditional Christmas crafts include felt! Make felt ornaments, garland, decor, and more this holiday season with felt. Make your own felt Christmas decorations with the ideas in our gallery below.
- Mini Felt Christmas Stockings Tutorial
- Fuzzy Felt Snowman Ornament
- Santa and Reindeer Wine Bottle Toppers
- Adorable Felt Lights Christmas Craft
- Felt and Holly Berries Wreath
- Felt Caroling Birds
- Lovely Dove DIY Ornament
- Light Bulb DIY Garland
- Felt Mobile Ornaments
- Little Hands Christmas Tree Crafts
- Easy Felt Christmas Tree
Needle Felting Projects for Beginners
We couldn't resist adding a small gallery of needle felting tutorials for beginners to our list! Needle felting is a bit of a different skill set than simply felt crafting, but needle felting still works with the same basic raw material: felt! Needle felting is also making a big comeback. If you haven't tried this craft before, check out the tutorials below and give one or more of them a try! Be warned: it's a little addicting.
If you like the convenience of PDF files that are easily printable, check out our free eBook: 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More free eBook
What is your go-to project to make with felt?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 20 Felt Flowers Patterns (Free!)
- Winter Candy Jar Gnome Bottles
- 5 Types of Felt: Felt 101
- Fab Felt Pot Protectors
- What Glue Works Best on Felt?
- Isaiah 43:19 DIY Wall Hanging
- 50+ Felt Crafts for Beginners
- Can Felt Be Ironed? Working with Felt from Ironing to Care
- How to Sew Felt
- Gorgeous Felt Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Round Lace Doily
- Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
- Granny Square Blue Agate Crochet Blanket
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
- Modern Double Crochet V-stitch Chunky Blanket
- Classy Crochet Textured Blanket In Blue
- Coral Expressions Chunky Crochet Baskets
- Carron Cake Beanie
- Wavy Shells Pocket Scarf
- Free Mother's Day Printable Coupon Cards
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home