Father's Day Handprint Plate
There are a lot of free fathers day crafts out there, but this is one of the most traditional and popular. Make this fathers day handprint plate from I Love to Create with your young one and give it to Dad. He will love it so much that eat off of it every night!
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
- 21427 Coupe Salad Plate 8" x 8" x 1"
- Signature Brushes
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes
- EZ 102 Neon Blue
- EZ 030 Rose
- Sea sponge
- pure•brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Tulip® Sticky Fabric Stencils™; Letters, Numbers
- Bowl with water
- Silk sponge
- Wedge makeup sponges
- Wipe bisque with damp silk sponge to remove and dust and particles.
- Squeeze some Neon Blue underglaze onto foil. Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, dip brush into underglaze and paint the hand that you are going to place on plate. Press hand onto the plate. Refer to photo for placement.
- Cut out letters from the Tulip® Sticky Fabric Stencils™ to spell out the name of the child whose hand is on plate. Peel and stick them to the plate. Do the same for the age, including the appropriate number from the number stencil pack. Refer to photo for placement.
- Squeeze a puddle of Rose underglaze onto foil. Dip the wedge makeup sponge into underglaze and sponge three coats into all letter and number stencils. Let dry between each coat.
- Once underglaze has completely dried, peel off your stencils.
- Use the sea sponge to lightly sponge on Neon Blue underglaze around the edge of the plate. Let dry.
- Dip plate into Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze. Let it dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.