DIY Vintage Window Frame Organizer
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Convert a vintage window frame into a beautiful organizational board, complete with a chalkboard for writing notes and a metal sheet for simple storage and organization. This makes a great home decor piece where you can pin your favorite pictures or notes. Best of all, it's thrifty and budget-friendly...so you can get the look you love for pennies on the dollar. Once you find a windowless frame to convert into your storage board, let your imagination take flight and make it as useful or as whimsical as you'd like!
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Old window-less frame
- Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Chalk paint -Cascade
- Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Wax - Clear and Antique
- Lint free rags
- MD hobby metal sheet - Ellipical
- MD snips
- MD gloves
- Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- 1/4" piece of wood to fit in window openings X 2
- Misc. metal to decorate
Prep your surface for painting.
If you like a more chipped look. Add Vaseline in a few areas where you want the paint to rub off.
Paint on two coats of Plaid Folk Art Home Dcor Chalk paint-Cascade, wait 2 hours between each coat. At this same time paint one of the wood panels cut.
Add Plaid Folk Art Home Dcor Clear Wax and let cure overnight. Buff to desired sheen. Also panel.
Add Plaid Folk Art Home Dcor Antique Wax over the entire surface, wiping back some areas and letting the crevices sit. Let cure overnight and buff to desired sheen. Also panel.
Cut md metal sheet using md metal snips.
Take the painted panel and metal panel and pin in place using a pinner or you could use glue and adhere in place.
Cut fabric and batting to fit over third panel. Wrap panel with fabric and adhere into place using Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Pin this last panel into place.
Add any extra embellishments at this time.
Add hanger to the back.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath should be added to your Christmas decorating ideas this holiday season because it is a quick,… Continue reading: "DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dinosaur Nightlight
- Two-colored Heart Crochet Pattern
- Hank Crochet Doll
- Twirling Ghosts
- Halloween Ribbon Wreath
- Fox Pumpkin
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Blueberries And Cream
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home