Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This simple tutorial shows you how to makeover your old fridge magnets with a little chalk paint and some creative patterns. Bonus you can change up the patterns depending on your mood!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old fridge magnets
- Sand paper
- Primer spray paint
- Chalk Paint
- Paint Brush
How to Make Magnets
Sand Paper and Primer First things first, give the magnets a little sand to rough them up. Then spray them with the primer, go lightly with the spray. If you get too heavy handed with the spray the paint will run so best to spray really lightly and do a couple of coats.
Chalk paint: Once the primer paint has completely tried, it’s time to apply the chalk paint. Paint each of your magnets in nice long strokes, avoiding having too much paint on the brush. Apply two coats. Tip: I found using a wide paint brush gave the best finish. Once they are completely dry you can start decorating them with chalk!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Round Lace Doily
- Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
- Granny Square Blue Agate Crochet Blanket
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
- Modern Double Crochet V-stitch Chunky Blanket
- Classy Crochet Textured Blanket In Blue
- Coral Expressions Chunky Crochet Baskets
- Carron Cake Beanie
- Wavy Shells Pocket Scarf
- Free Mother's Day Printable Coupon Cards
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home