No Sew Fabric Flower Bag
Visit Tara at Spot of Tea Designs.
Save up those fabric scraps and breath new life into a plain bag. There's no need for a needle and thread when you're working on the fabric flower pattern used for this No-Sew Fabric Flower Bag. Instead, grab some fabric adhesive and paint and start bringing your flower to life. This project is perfect for beginners and best of all, you can make a bunch in one sitting.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Fabric Bag
- Fiskars Heavy Duty Scissors
- Tulip Beads In A Bottle
- Aleene's Permanent Fabric Adhesive Sheets
- Satin Fabric
- Two Buttons
- Use scissors to cut a circle shape from one sheet of fabric adhesive sheet. Peel the adhesive backing from one side and lay down on your surface, sticky side up.
- Cut one long strip of satin fabric. Fold the fabric in half length wise as you move your way around the circle, attaching the fabric down onto the sheet as you go along.
- Continue moving around the circle creating layers inside one another until you get to the center. Trim any excess material.
- Cut a small circle from fabric adhesive sheet and stick button onto the center of the fabric flower.
- Peel the adhesive backing and apply completed fabric flower onto the fabric bag. Repeats steps 1-5 to create a second, smaller flower shape.
- Create leave shapes using the green fabric paint with line or dot shapes. Allow to dry 24 hours.
- Tie a ribbon on top as a final accent and your fabric gift bag is complete!