Little Girls' Pet Purse
This cute “doggie bag” is embellished with clear micro beads to let your photo shine through. Use this technique to make any photo into a personalized purse embellishment.
- Satin purse (ours is 5” x 5”)
- Picture of your pet
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 4” x 6” Treasure Tape sheets (2)
- Kreinik #12 Braid 021 Copper
- Four satin flowers
- Shallow pan or tray
- Photocopy or scan your photo and make into a 3” x 3” photo with a 1/2” border of white on all sides.
- Cut both pieces of Treasure Tape to be 4” x 6”. Remove white backing form one piece, and lay this tape centered on the satin purse. Remove red liner to expose sticky part, and place your photo on top of this tape.
- On your other piece of Treasure Tape, remove white backing, and lay directly on top of your photo. Remove red liner to expose sticky part.
- Begin thread embellishing by laying #12 Braid in swirls, curly q’s or your own pattern around the white border of your picture. Leave a blank space in each corner.
- In the blank spaces of each corner, attach a satin flower petal.
- Place the purse in your shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets®.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.