Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This timeless lacy shell crochet blanket is simple but has an elegant touch. Alternating the colored yarn with white really helps make this throw lovely. I must admit, this is a pattern I fell in love with so much that I made two right away. This pattern size is wonderful for a small throw or blanket. However, it would be an heirloom crochet project as a larger afghan. The pattern is a repeat of rows 2-5. It is ideal to end with the stitch pattern on row 3 as this will provide a nice foundation to even out the work on the next row. There are just a few special stitches; the v-stitch, and the shell stitch. The edge consists of the single crochet and double crochet. In total, just a bit shy of five skeins were used for this baby blanket. "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 15 STs per 4 inches.
Multiples of 4 plus 1. This means that the pattern is 33 X 4 = 132 plus 1 = 133 stitches are needed for the beginning row.
Finished Size42 inches wide X 39 inches long.
- White Caron Simply Soft Yarn 3 Skeins. Note, just about half of the last skein was used. Total approximately 800 yards.
- Soft Pink or yellow Caron Simply Soft Yarn 2 Skeins. Approximately 620 yards.
- Size I crochet hook
- yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Our knitting group was asked to try to think of a creative green use for plastic grocery bags thus, 'Plarn was born. Plarn, plastic… Continue reading: "How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chinese Pixie Amigurumi Doll
- Woodland Leaf Fairy Amigurumi Doll
- Pressed Flower Candle Diy
- Dc Superhero Popsicle Stick Puppets
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- One Hour Crochet Bag
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Homemade Photo Coasters
- Gift Card Holder (Free Printables!)
- Lace Back Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home