Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This simple loop granny square crochet border is just one way to beautifully finish off a blanket. There is just something addicting about a granny square blanket. Once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless. Switch up the yarn colors, change the crochet edge, or even add in a few new styled granny squares. They are just so versatile and gorgeous. I spent most of last winter crocheting the squares. The end result was not in sight. I just kept making squares in colors that I thought worked well together. Then after joining them, it was fun to be creative the have a completely different overall look to each blanket as the edge was finished."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeEach square is approximately 6 3/4 inches around.
A total of 20 squares. 10 squares with four rounds of perfect pink and two rounds of charcoal grey. 10 squares with four rounds of charcoal grey and two rounds of dusty grey.
The blanket is four squares wide and five squares long.
Finished SizeSize is approximately 31 inches wide by 39 inches long.
- Perfect Pink Red Heart. 1 Skein or 364 yards.
- Charcoal Red Heart. 3 Skeins or 1092 yards.
- Dusty Grey Red Heart. 2 Skeins or 728 yards.
- Size H crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Embossing With Color
- C2c Rose Afghan Square
- Eggshell Mosaic DIY Picture Frame
- Double Knitted Snowflake Mittens For Babies
- Basic Brioche Hat
- No Swatch, Any Stitch Count, Any Yarn Sock Pattern
- Empty Tomb Easy Easter Craft
- Rustic Rainbow St. Patrick's Day Lucky Signboard
- Shamrock Rainbow Fingerprint Kids Craft
- Vibrant Feathers DIY Cat Toys
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home