Decorate your tree or mantel with this adorable Pinwheel Garland. Made with colorful Christmas-themed yarn, this simple garland is a great way to use up scraps and decorate your home at the same time! This is a a great project for beginning crocheters and a fun way to mix and match colors. You could even give your holiday decor a bright look by using different-colored yarn to make this garland look like a string of colorful penny candies. Let your imagination run wild with this delicious crocheted garland.
Find this craft and more Christmas crochet projects in 34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts.
- 4mm [US G-6] crochet hook
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday yarn in White/Silver (C)
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday yarn in Green/Silver (B)
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday yarn in Red/Silver (A)
- Yarn needle
- Jingle bells
Gauge: 14 sts = 4"; 7 rnds = 4" in dc.
Garland measures 32½" long.
- With A, ch 4; join with a slip st in first ch to form a ring; ch 1, (sc, 4 hdc) all into ring, drop A, DO NOT FASTEN OFF; following the A sts, join B with an sc in the ring, work 4 hdc into same ring, drop B, DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
- Rnd 1: Pick up A, work 2 hdc into each B st – 10 hdc A; drop A, pick up B, work 2 hdc in each A st – 30 hdc B, drop B.
- Rnd 2: Pick up A, 2 dc in next 10 hdc, hdc in next hdc, * hdc in next hdc, sc in next hdc, slip st in next hdc, ch 5 *; fasten off A leaving a long end to sew loop; pick up B, 2 hdc in next hdc; repeat from * to * across next 3 hdc; fasten off B leaving a long end to sew loop.
- Make 9 more pieces with your choice of A+C, B+C, or A+B.
Connecting Garland Pieces
- First Piece: Thread yarn needle with long end left after ch-5 and stitch into coaster near beginning of the chain to make a loop; secure yarn on wrong side. Repeat on opposite side of coaster.
- Join 2nd Piece: Thread yarn needle with long end left after ch-5 of 2nd piece, weave through a finished loop, stitch into coaster near beginning of this chain; secure yarn. Complete a loop on opposite side of coaster. Continue until all pieces are joined. Additional pieces can be added to make garland longer if desired.
Jingle Bell Fringe
- Thread three bells onto A; ch 1, pull first bell up to first ch, make a ch over bell, continue to ch for total of 13", pull 2nd bell up, ch 3, pull 3rd bell up, ch 2. Fasten off. Tie in bow around joining loops. Weave in ends.