We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Feel like a doll with this darling chunky yarn crochet scarf pattern. Using jumbo yarn, you'll work up this super scarf in a hurry! It's a great easy crochet pattern. Chunky patterns are fantastic for beginners because they're less likely to be discouraged by the time spent on a project. Bulky patterns work up more quickly than other patterns that use lighter yarn and can take much longer. This scarf is so cozy and will certainly keep you warm worn over a winter jacket or even just around the house. Pair this with an oversized sweatshirt and leggings for ultimate comfort. The fringe is a fantastic finishing detail!
dc5tog: [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 5 times, yarn over, draw through all 6 loops on hook.
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(7) Jumbo
Crochet Gauge5 dc = 3" (7.5 cm); 4 rows = 5" (12.5 cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeScarf measures 8½" x 72" (21.5 x 183 cm) excluding fringe.
- RED HEART® Collage™: 5 balls 9981 Dollhouse
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 16mm [US Q]
- Small crochet hook
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Amazing Red Heart Yarn Assortment to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in The Ultimate 2018 Crafter's Grand Prize Giveaway!
With larger crochet hook, ch 16.
Row 1 (right side): Work 2 dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning ch count as first dc), skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, 3 dc in last ch, turn—11 dc and 2 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first dc, ch 2, dc5tog in next 2 dc, sc, and 2 dc, ch 2, sc in next dc, ch 2, dc5tog in next 2 dc, sc, and 2 dc, ch 2, sc in top of beginng ch, turn—2 dc5tog and 3 sc.
Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 2 dc in first sc, sc in next dc5tog, 5 dc in next sc, sc in next dc5tog, 3 dc in last sc, turn—11 dc and 2 sc.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Repeat Rows 3 and 4 until piece measures 72" (183 cm) or desired length. Fasten off.
FINISHING - Fringe
Cut 44 strands, each 25" (63.5 cm) long. Hold 2 strands together and fold in half to form a loop. Working in opposite side of foundation ch, insert large crochet hook from right side through 2nd ch. Place fold on hook and draw fold through, forming a large loop. Thread ends of strands through loop and pull to tighten. Repeat to attach fringe in next 10 ch of Row 1, then repeat to attach 11 fringes centered across sts and ch of last row. Trim ends evenly.
With small crochet hook, weave in ends.
- double crochet
- single crochet
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of March 19, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until March 18 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Do you prefer wearing lightweight scarves or bulky scarves?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Summer Crush Crochet Scarf Pattern
Trendy Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
Snuggle Up Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
Simple One Skein Wrap
Chunky Crochet Mittens and Scarf
Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Projects: 11 Pretty Ideas for What to Make out of Paracord
- 46 Free Crochet Patterns for Stuffed Animals
- Interlocking Triangles Earrings
- 8" Tapestry Shamrock Afghan Square
- Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Easy Easter Centerpiece
- Tie-dyed T-Shirt Quilt Picnic Blanket
- Easter Bunny Butt Pillow
- Easter Handprint and Footprint Canvas Critters
- Cute Easter Critter Treat Jars
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home