Belle Fleur Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Belle Fleur Scarf is elegant and adorable. This crochet pattern isn't difficult at all - use your imagination and you'll love the results. Crochet patterns are typically chunky and warm accessories, designed especially for cold weather over style. This free crochet scarf pattern is a delicate pattern that was created to add floral flair to any outfit all year round. Hooked up to include crochet flower pattern and leaves, this DIY scarf will look stunning with any ensemble. You could easily create the flowers in a multitude of colors to match just about any coat or dress you want to wear with it.
If you are not big on this free crochet scarf pattern, you could easily create the crochet flowers for another project. Just scroll down to the instructions for the flower and start hooking.
Find even more stunning free crochet patterns for scarves in our free eBook, 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves.
How to Crochet: Belle Fleur Scarf
- Crochet Hook: 4mm [US G-6]
- Yarn needle
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller “Alpaca Love”: 2 balls 3620 Fern A, 1 ball each 3520 Peacock Feather B, 3920 Ruby C, 3580 Dusk D, and 3650 Lotus E.
MSL (Small Leaf)
- Row 1: With A, ch 8; slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, hdc in next ch, slip st in last ch; turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, skip slip st, sc in next 5 sts, 3 sc in tip, 5 sc on opposite side of ch, slip st in last ch.
MLL (Make Large Leaf)
- Rows 1 and 2: Make same as Small Leaf; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, skip slip st, sc in next 6 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 6 sts, slip st in next st; turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 8 sts.
With A ch 243.
- Round 1: Slip st in 2nd ch from hook, * MSL, at end of Row 2 of leaf, slip st in next 10 ch of original ch, MSL, slip st in next 10 ch, MLL **, slip st in next 10 ch; repeat from * to last ch; (MSL, MLL) all in last ch, working on opposite side of ch, slip st in next 5 ch; repeat from * across opposite side of ch to last 6 ch, end at **; slip st in next 5 ch, MLL in last ch. Fasten off.
(Make 5 each B and E, and 4 each C and D)
- Round 1: Ch 10, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each rem ch to last ch; 6 sc in last ch; working behind curl, join with a slip st to first of the 6 sc at end of Round 1 – 6 sc upon which remainder of flower will be worked. Free “curl” becomes the flower center.
- Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in same ch as joining and in each of the next 5 sc; join with a slip st in front loop of first sc -12 sc.
- Round 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in same loop as joining, * (2 dc, ch 2, slip st) all in next front loop **, (slip st, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next front loop; repeat from * around, end at **; slip st in first slip st – 6 petals.
- Round 4: Ch 2, keeping flower to front, slip st in first back loop, ch 1, sc in same loop, 2 sc in next back loop, * sc in next back loop, 2 sc in next back loop; repeat from * around; join to first sc – 18 sc.
- Round 5: * Ch 2, [2 dc in next sc] twice, ch 2, slip st in next sc; repeat from * around, ending slip st in first slip st. Fasten off.
- Sew flowers to garland in random order.
- Weave in ends.
- ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, etc. = color A, B. etc.; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
- Leaves are worked along length of garland as garland is being made.
New to crochet? Then you absolutely have to check out our collection of free and easy crochet patterns and helpful hints. 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners is the perfect collection for the newbie crocheter.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Simple One Skein Wrap
One Skein Asymmetry Scarf
Desert Winds Modern Crochet Triangle Scarf
Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
Boho Crochet Shawl Pattern
Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
Summer Crush Crochet Scarf Pattern
Double the Fun Potato Chip Scarf
Crochet Shell N Chains Scarf
23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lovely Ridges Pillow
- Metallic Wallpapered Accent Wall
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home