Foolproof Afghan Pattern
This easy crochet blanket is literally the best one out there.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This easy crochet blanket is so easy, it's foolproof! If you're looking for free afghan patterns to crochet mindlessly in front of the television, the foolproof afghan is for you. Simple enough for beginners and a quick and easy afghan to crochet for those who are more advanced, this Foolproof Afghan is one pattern you'll find yourself coming back to again and again. Make one for a new baby, a housewarming, or just for yourself. You could also mix and match colors if you're feeling extra creative! No matter why you make it, one thing's for sure...the Foolproof Afghan is one that's sure to please crochet fans young and old.
The best thing about this easy crochet afghan pattern is that it is insanely easy to personalize for any home or any DIY gift. Looking stunning in any color you may want to use, this cutie to crochet will keep you warm for years to come. We recommend crocheting this afghan in a dark, solid color in order to add some warmth to your living room area.
PLUS: Check out a video below from our friends at AllFreeCrochet on how to crochet the single crochet stitch!
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge2 repeats (two cluster groups and two FPdc) = 3”; 4 rows = 3” in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeLap Throw measures 32” x 37”.
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” Jumbo yarn in Claret
- 8 mm [US L-11] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Beginners will love this colleciton of 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns. With crocheted afghans that are easy and fun to make, this collection is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy afghan to crochet. With a good selection of multi-colored and solid-colored afghans, 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns is all you need to power through your yarn stash and keep your home nice and warm all winter long! Get the collection: 51 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Beginners
How to Crochet the Foolproof Afghan
Row 1 (Wrong Side): (CL, ch 2, CL) all in 5th ch from hook, skip next ch, dc in next ch, * skip next ch, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch, skip next ch, dc in next ch; repeat from * across; turn – 20 cluster groups.
Row 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space, * FPdc around next dc, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of beginning ch; turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space, * BPdc around next st, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Rows 4-49: Repeat Rows 2 and 3 twenty three (23) times.
Border-Rnd 1: Ch 1, work sc evenly around all 4 sides, working 3 sc in each corner; join with a slip st in first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, working from LEFT TO RIGHT, sc in each sc around (Reverse sc); join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
More Foolproof Free Crochet Patterns
Not all free crochet patterns are as foolproof as they claim to be. Being a brand new crocheter means you have a lot to learn about hooking, yarn, and more. If you are looking for crochet patterns that are actually for beginners, check out the ideas below, as well. All of the crochet patterns below are patterns that beginners can actually finish. Being new to a craft can be tough, so why not start with something easy peasy?
50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns + Help for Beginners - If you are brand new, you honestly need this free crochet pattern.
1-Hour Crochet Coffee Cozy - Start small. It makes things easier. <3
Pop Goes the Weasal Afghan A FAVORITE ON FACEBOOK!
- CL (Cluster)
- [Yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops] twice all in specified stitch, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- FPdc (front post double crochet)
- yarn over, insert hook from front to back to front around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
- BPdc (back post double crochet)
- yarn over, insert hook from back to front to back around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
Leave A Comment Below & Tell Us:
For Whom Would You Make This Crochet Afghan?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Most Adorable Elephant Crochet Baby Blanket
- 51 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Beginners
- Dreamy Caron Cakes Blanket Pattern
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- 41 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Bands of Lace Afghan
- Easy Ombre Baby Blanket
- The Coziest Crocheted Baby Blanket Ever
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy Weekend Crochet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Making Continuous Bias Binding Tape
- Mother's Day Flower Card
- Knotted Hair Ties
- Sienna Harvest Berry Shawl
- Pom Pom Bunny
- Jefferson Street Beanie
- Xyron Creative Station Lite Storage and Refill Bundle
- Juliet Summer Top
- St. Patrick's Day Activity Sheets
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home