Baby Afghan Crochet Pattern
Use this baby afghan free crochet pattern from Bernat Yarns to create a comforting blanket with soft colors flowing through. The yarn in the shown baby afghan works well for boys or girls. Make this free crochet baby blanket pattern for a shower gift.
Find this beautiful project and more in our collection of 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns.
- Yarn: 7 balls of Bernat Baby (50 g/1.75 oz)
- Crochet hook: Size 3.5 mm (U.S. E or 4) or size needed to obtain gauge.
4 shells and 10 rows = 4" 10 cm.
Approx 36 x 48" 91.5 x 122 cm.
- Ch 209.
- Foundation row: 1 dc in 5th ch from hook. Ch 1. *Miss next 2 ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next 2 ch. (1 dc. Ch 1) 3 times in next ch - shell made. Rep from * to last 6 ch. Miss next 2 ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next 2 ch. (1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) in last ch. Ch 4. Turn.
- 1st row: Work shell in next single dc of previous row. 1 dc in center dc of next shell. Ch 1. Rep from * ending with 1 dc in 3rd ch of ch 4. Ch 4. Turn.
- 2nd row: 1 dc in first st. Ch 1. *1 dc in center dc of next shell. Ch 1. Work shell in next single dc. Rep from * ending with (1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc) in 3rd ch of ch 4. Ch 4. Turn.
- These 2 rows form pat.
- Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 44" [112 cm] ending with a 2nd row of pat. Ch 1. Turn. Do not fasten off.
- Next round: *Work 145 sc evenly across end of afghan. Work 3 sc in corner. Work 258 sc evenly along side. Work 3 sc in next corner. Rep from * once more. Ss to first sc. 818 sc.
- Next round: 1 sc in first st. *Miss next st. 5 dc in next st. Miss next st. 1 sc in next st. Rep from * to last 3 sc. Miss next st. 5 dc in next st. Miss next st. Ss to first sc. Fasten off.
Read NextEasy Weekend Crochet Baby Blanket