We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Summer nights can be pretty chilly, but it's not always chilly enough to need a jacket. This Summer Breeze Crochet Throw Pattern is a must if you want a light crochet afghan to keep you warm. With this crochet pattern, you can make a beautiful throw that won't make you feel overheated. The gaps between the stitches allows for cool air to pass through, letting you feel the summer breeze on your skin while staying warm. This crochet afghan will quickly become a staple piece that you will carry in your car, tote, and anywhere else.
NotesDesigner recommends placing stitch markers to divide long edges evenly into quarters and then working ¼of the number of required stitches evenly spaced from corner to marker and between markers.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc = 4 inches (10 cm); 8 rows in pattern = 4 inches (10 cm)
Finished Size60 inches x 48 inches (152.5 cm x 122 cm)
- 6 balls Red Heart Dreamy Stripes in Calm Breeze
- 6.5 mm (US K-10.5) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
There's nothing quite like reading a book or watching TV under a warm handmade crochet throw. Try these 22 Gorgeous Free Crochet Throw Patterns
3-dc Cl (3-double crochet cluster) =Yarn over, insert hook in indicated st or space, pull up loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops, [yarn over, insert hook in same st or space, pull up loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops] twice, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
Beg 3-dc Cl (beginning 3-double crochet cluster) = Ch 2, [yarn over, insert hook in same indicated space, pull up loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
Cdc (crossed double crochet) = Skip next 2 sts, dc in next st, ch 1, working over dc just made, dc in first skipped st.
DcX (double crochet X-stitch) = Skip next st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st.
Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across; turn—137 sc
Row 2 (Wrong Side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), Cdc across to last sc, dc in last sc; turn—2 dc, 45 Cdc, 45 ch-1 spaces
Row 3 (Right Side): Ch 1, sc in each dc and ch-1 space across; turn—137 sc
Row 4 (Wrong Side): Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), skip next sc, 3-dc Cl in next sc, *ch 2, skip 2 sc, 3-dc Cl in next sc; repeat from * across to last 2 sc, ch 1, skip next sc, dc in last sc; turn—2 dc, 2 ch-1 spaces, 45 3-dc Cl, 44 ch-2 spaces
Row 5 (Right Side): Ch 1, sc in first dc and ch-1 space, sc in top of first 3-dc Cl, *2 sc in next ch-2 space, sc in top of next 3-dc Cl; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, sc in last ch-1 space and top of ch-3; turn—137 sc.
Rows 6-101: Repeat Rows 2–5, 24 times.
Rows 102-103: Repeat rows 2-3 once. Do not turn.
Round 1 (Right Side): Work 168 sc evenly spaced across side edge (see Note), 3 sc in corner, work 134 sc evenly spaced across opposite side of foundation chain, 3 sc in corner, work 168 sc evenly spaced across next side edge, 3 sc in corner, work 134 sc evenly spaced across top edge, 3 sc in last corner, slip st in first sc—604 sc
Round 2: Slip st in next sc, ch 3, dc in same st as join-ing slip st of Round 1 (counts as first DcX), *DcX across edge to corner, ch 3, skip worked corner sc, dc in next sc, dc in corner sc; repeat from * 3 times; slip st in top of ch-3—86 DcX on long sides, 69 DcX on short sides, 4 ch-3 spaces.
Round 3: Ch 1, *[sc between next 2 DcX, ch 1] across to ch-3 space, (sc, ch 1) 3 times in ch-3 space; repeat from * 3 times, sc between next 2 DcX, ch 1, slip st in first sc; turn.
Round 4 (Wrong Side): Slip st in next ch-1 space, Beg 3-dc Cl in same space, [ch 1, 3-dc Cl in next ch-1 space] twice, ch 3, [3-dc Cl in next ch-1 space, *ch 1, 3-dc Cl in next ch-1 space; repeat from * across edge to corner, ch 3] 3 times; *3-dc Cl in next ch-1 space, ch 1; repeat from * across edge to Beg ch-3; slip st in top of Beg 3-dc Cl; turn.
Round 5 (Right Side): (Slip st, ch 1, sc) in next ch-1 space, ch 1, *(sc, ch 1) in each ch-1 space to ch-3 space, [sc, ch 1] 4 times in ch-3 space; repeat from * 3 times, (sc, ch 1) in each ch-1 space across edge to beginning of Round, slip st in first sc.
Round 6: Slip st in next ch-1 space, ch 1, (sc, ch 3, slip st in 3rd ch from hook, sc) in each ch-1 space around, slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Weave in ends and block
- double crochet
- single crochet
- ( )
- work all directions in parentheses in the indicated stitch or space
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
- * or **
- repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
Made in a variety of colors, stitches and layouts, afghans provide innumerable decorating choices to fit your home. Afghans are also a practical necessity in any home, allowing you to wrap up and stay warm all year round. Red Heart Yarn presents this FREE collection afghan patterns for your enjoyment: "Wrap up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn" eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Isobel's Afghan Pattern
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Super Soft Granite Crochet Blanket
- Pajama Friendly Argyle Throw
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Stars in Your Eyes Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Bold and Beautiful Catherines Wheel Crochet Throw
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Small Crossbody Wallet Sewing Project
- Hand-sewing Stitches For Making Clothes By Hand
- Adorable Wood Block Snowman Ornaments
- Guide To The Cricut Joy
- Free Printable Winter Word Scramble
- Flamingo Ornament
- Beret Hat With Lining In 20 Minutes
- Coffee Filter Reindeer Christmas Craft
- Light Me Up Christmas Tree Hat
- I Spy Birthday
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home