Rachel's of Greenfield
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
My husband, Kenny and I own and operate Rachel’s of Greenfield. I design and we produce kits for small applique and pieced wall quilts, ornament kits, and punchneedle embroidery kits.
When I started Rachel’s of Greenfield 25 years ago, Kenny and I spent our evenings cutting fabric for our kits on our dining room table. After cutting, we folded, collated and inserted the fabric, embellishments and pattern and instructions books into kits. It was a late night effort!
More than 2 decades later, Kenny and I still cut all the fabric – – every piece for every kit! But now we cut the fabrics in a barn behind our house. One of the things I love about our business and brings great joy to us is that our kits are now assembled by a local vocational training facility, employing people with physical and intellectual disabilities.
I am grateful to live in Lancaster County, PA where weekend bike rides and long walks take me on back roads, through meadows, fields, and gardens abundant with flowers, crops, trees, birds, and animals. They fill my mind with beauty and wonder. It is the simplicity of this earthiness, warmth, and basic rootedness that inspires my designs.
I draw the designs for each kit, write the instructions, and choose the fabrics. After writing the instructions and patterns, I make the quilts and ornaments, following the patterns and instructions to insure they are accurate and precise.
Our kits are wonderfully complete. With everything in hand, quilt makers, ornament makers, and punchneedle enthusiasts from novice to expert can have the satisfaction of completing a project.
Over the years, I have designed fabric lines with a few mills, taught classes, lectured and authored several books on quilting, including Quilted Projects with Wool and Wool Felt, Amish Wall Quilts, Tips for Quilters, and The World of Amish Quilts.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Painted Rock Cactus
- How To Make Lip Scrub
- Bernie Mittens
- Pebble Hat
- Criss Cross Crochet Blanket
- Beautiful Homemade Porcelain Ornaments
- Hashtag Mittens
- Crochet Caterpillar Applique
- Crochet Valentine’s Day Garland
- Diy Heart Garland For Romantic Home Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home