We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I live in the Philippines where crochet is regarded more as Grandma's craft, before the use of the internet became popular. I wasn't that keen to crochet home accessories, but very much interested in the process of creating items with crochet, so I taught myself the basics.
As a young stay-at-home mom in the late 80's, I was always looking for more materials and patterns but there isn't much available locally. Crochet wasn't exciting until I learned to use the internet in 2005. I was so delighted to start my own blog (Crochet and Other Stuff), join crochet forums, and get to know women like me who are as interested in the craft. I love creating my own crochet designs, so I started writing my own patterns. As a former Public Accountant, I never before thought of becoming a professional designer, but here I am. I have been a freelance designer for Coats Manila Bay since 2007, a contributor to Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendars, Crochet Liberation Front First Ever Book, and have a published design in Interweave Crochet Summer 2010.
My goal in designing is to create unique, simple yet stylish designs.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Criss Cross Baby Booties
- Bunny Squared – Make A Bunny From A Square
- Dr. Seuss Green Eggs Slime
- Paper Plate Lamb Craft
- Natures Best Herbs Scarf
- How To Crochet A Granny Square | Crafting Happiness
- Watermelon Coaster
- Bug Repellent Solid Lotion
- Crochet Wood Napkin Rings
- Lemon Mojito Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home