Creative Cowgirl Collage
Create this photo collage to express your creativity and love for the wild west! Add embellishments and other fun details to make this Creative Cowgirl Collage from Lisa Fulmer personal and unique.
- 6"x9" cardstock for foundation (2 pieces)
- Matte gel medium and brush
- Variety of scrapbook papers - neutrals, brights, patterns, words
- Yarn, brads, metal photo corners
- Vintage photocopy of a cowgirl
- Tear and/or trim 3-4 strips of neutral papers, lay them side by side vertically and adhere to your cardstock foundation with the matte gel medium to create a background.
- Using a lit match, carefully burn the edges of your vintage photo, blowing out the flame quickly after igniting the paper. Work safely over a metal tray and keep a water mister bottle close by, just in case!
- Trim, layer, and adhere two pieces of contrasting bright color papers together for a frame and adhere the photo on top of them; adhere all but the lower corners of the frame to the background.
- Tear a piece of paper with words or poetry on it that compliments your photo, and tuck it under the corner of the frame, glue it all down.
- Glue a few patches of patterned papers on top, and punch your brads in as desired. Wrap some yarn "rope" around one edge and tape down on the back. Embellish the photo frame with decorative metal corners.
- Adhere the foundation to the second piece of cardstock to hide the brad prongs and yarn edges
For a video tutorial, check out How to Create a Cowgirl Collage Layout.