Christmas Cool Ornaments Wreath
Christmas is the season for showing hospitality, and there is nothing more welcoming than learning how to make a Christmas wreath for the front door. This Christmas Cool Ornaments Wreath will keep your home feeling warm and inviting. Everybody inherits many antique ornaments from family members, and it feels good to make something neat out of them. This is a Christmas decorating idea that will make mom proud. Show off your family's holiday style with this Christmas Cool Ornaments Wreath.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- 18" wire wreath metal frame
- 12 ft of silver tinsel garland
- 1/4" ribbon in assorted holiday patterns and colors, figure on 12" per ornament
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- 24" of 2" double-sided green satin
- Prepare the wire frame. If you are upcycling from a previous project, be sure to carefully remove all bits and pieces from the wire frame.
- Wrap the frame with the garland. Use some floral wire to tie down the ends of the garland if necessary.
- Prepare the ornaments. Thread the loop at the top of each ornament with a foot of ribbon. Center the ornament on the ribbon and tie the ribbon into a knot.
- Tie the ornaments to the wreath. Tie on an ornament using the ribbon and either knotting it again or tying it into a bow. Work around the wreath until it is filled in as desired.
- Tie on the green ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the top of the wreath. Pull the ends of the ribbon until the are level with each other. Tie a knot at the top. To more firmly hang the wreath from a nail on the front door, cut 18" of floral wire to the wreath next to the ribbon. Twist it onto a portion of the wire frame. Then take the other end, fold the top into a loop and twist to close the loop.