Toilet Paper Roll Tabletop Christmas Tree
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"The Christmas trees were so enjoyable to do and to think they were made with towel paper and toilet paper rolls. After flattening the cardboard and marking the lines on the cardboard I cut them in strips."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Toilet or paper towel rolls (flattened)
- Strong glue (tacky is best)
- Paint (different shades of green)
- Faux snow to sprinkle on trees
- Miniature ornaments
- Circular base to put the tree on (about 10-12" cardboard circle)
- White cotton to cover the cardboard
The cute miniature ornaments can be purchased at any craft store. They give the trees lively sitting on top of the white blanket of snow.
Gather all of the toilet or paper towel rolls (you will need many of them).
Take each flattened roll, and mark with pencil and ruler, 1/2" intervals from one end to the other end of the roll.
Cut each strip with a scissors.
Lay out newspapers or old cloths before you paint all of the strips.
Get your green paints (using different hues of green will give the trees depth)
Make a cone using a cardboard template. Secure the ends with tacky glue and let it set for awhile.
Paint each strip with your green paint. Using different hues will give your trees a dimensional effect.
When the strips are dry. Start at the bottom of the cone and use glue gun to secure the tips of the strips. Hold it for a few a seconds.
Put the next strip 1/4 cm from the first You want a little space between each.
You go all the way to the top of the cone with the strips. You can then attach the cardboard base, and glue some white cotton to it. Put miniature figurines on the base of the tree.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
- Easiest Ever Yarn Wrapped Tabletop Tree
- 50+ DIY Tablescape Ideas for Christmas
- The Prettiest Fabric Ornaments
- Sparkling Gems DIY Ornaments
- Repurposed Cabinet Door Jingle Bell Sign
- "Let it Snow" Centerpiece
- Wonderful Christmas Chalkboard Printable
- DIY Christmas Carol Wood Slice
- Santa Claus Macrame Door Decor
- Folded Book Christmas Tree
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Christmas Tree Potholder
- I Spy Autumn
- Rooster Wine Bottle Holder
- Spider On A Web Lovey
- My Mother's Garden Afghan
- Crochet Snowman Christmas Dog Bandana And Headband
- Snowman Hat Centerpiece
- Free Hand-drawn Christmas Coloring Pages
- Dollar Tree Christmas Sign
- Christmas Holly Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home