Retro Folded Paper Tabletop Christmas Tree
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Take all those catalogs you receive in the mail and put them to good use. Make 3 folds on each page, spray paint, then decorate! Makes great trees for those in a nursing home or with limited space."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project or Page Size12 inches x 12 inches
Type of Paper UsedNewspaper
- 3 magazines or catalogs of the same height
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Spray Paint
- Macaroni or other small decorations
This was fun for 3 of the 4 generations of our family to do together and since we used what we had in the house, it cost us nothing. No scissors or other sharp items were used making it very kid friendly!
Begin with the first page of the magazine or catalog.
Pick up the top right corner of the page and fold it straight down the binding.
Then pick up where the magazine page folds on the far right of the page and also fold it down the binding.
There will be a "tail" at the bottom of the magazine - fold that up to where it is even with the bottom of the magazine.
Keep folding through the entire magazine.
Fold 2 more magazines the same way.
Stand them up and put a rubber band around top to hold them together.
Spray paint them whatever color you want. After the first coat dries, take away the rubber band - the three magazines will stick together and stand up easily.
If you want glitter on it, then when you give it the last coat - while it's still wet, sprinkle glitter all around.
Spray Paint uncooked Star Wars macaroni and dip in Mod Podge or glue and stick onto painted tree.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Talk about going green! Transform sturdy bags made from recycled materials into storage bags for fruit and vegetables in this tutorial… Continue reading: "Easy Recycled Fruit and Veggie Bag"
- Cute Clay Snowman Decor
- "Let it Snow" Centerpiece
- 50+ DIY Tablescape Ideas for Christmas
- Sensational Christmas Glass Cloche
- Sari Christmas Tree Skirt
- Easiest Ever Yarn Wrapped Tabletop Tree
- Repurposed Cabinet Door Jingle Bell Sign
- Santa Claus Macrame Door Decor
- Folded Book Christmas Tree
- The Prettiest Fabric Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilting Tools Keychain
- 3d Wood Tree
- Easy Hot Pads With Free Pattern
- Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Magic Hat Coloring Page
- Seahorse Coloring Page
- Diy Gift Boxes
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland
- Crochet Heart Angel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home