Recycled Painted Christmas Penguins
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"These cute penguins were made out of fruit cups usually they come in (4-pack). The top cup was hot glued to the bottom and the bodies were painted white and black to look like penguins."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Empty fruit cups (Dole, etc) rinsed out
- Black and white acrylic paint
- Orange paint for the noses
- Assorted colors for the scarves
- Pieces of cardboard for the skis
- Fabric or socks to make knit caps
- Tacky glue to secure knit caps
These penguins could be an addition to your Christmas decor. Arrange them on a blanket of white faux snow or sit them on a shelf.
Rinse and dry out fruit cups. Invert one on top of the other with tacky glue or sturdy glue.
Let them sit until they are dry.
Paint them first all white and let them dry. Make the back of the head and top of the face like a penguin would look like.
Paint the noses with orange paint or marker. Paint colorful scarves where the two juice cups meet. You can make them match them to the skis. I put dots, dashes, or any design you want on the scarves.
Cut oval shapes out of cardboard, paint them with different colors to make the skis. Let them dry. Put some glitter glue over them to make them glossy.
Cut the toe out of christmas socks (if you have them) and make a running stitch 1/4 inch from the bottom. Tie the ends so they will fit over the top juice cup.
You can also glue the cap over the juice cup also. I rolled the bottom of the cap to make it look like a knit cap.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- DIY Sparkly Pinecones
- Coffee Filter Angels Christmas Ornament Craft
- 14 Christmas Pine Cone Crafts
- Broken China Plate Christmas Trees
- Cheap Retro Christmas Camper Centerpiece
- Denim Pocket Advent Calendar
- Upcycled Tuna Can Butterfly Ornament
- 40+ Red Heart Christmas Patterns
- Snowflake Chios
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Embossing With Color
- C2c Rose Afghan Square
- Eggshell Mosaic DIY Picture Frame
- Double Knitted Snowflake Mittens For Babies
- Basic Brioche Hat
- No Swatch, Any Stitch Count, Any Yarn Sock Pattern
- Empty Tomb Easy Easter Craft
- Rustic Rainbow St. Patrick's Day Lucky Signboard
- Shamrock Rainbow Fingerprint Kids Craft
- Vibrant Feathers DIY Cat Toys
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home