Painted Rock Christmas Ring
Wear your love of Christmas on your sleeve and your hand. If you're looking for DIY Christmas gift ideas for your most stylish friends, this creative DIY project certainly fits the bill. Use a rock from outside and paint from your craft stash to create this one of a kind design. You won't believe how easy it is to make your own Christmas jewelry. Best of all, this project takes almost no time to complete, so you can make a bunch and give them out to everyone you long. Once the season is over, make rings with different graphics for birthdays and other special occasions.
Primary TechniqueJewelry Making
- Metal ring band base (preferably flat on top)
- Oval shaped, smooth beach pebble (preferably of a pale color)
- Piece of lace ribbon, wide enough and long enough to cover the ring band, best color choice: dark brown or black
- One more piece of the same lace ribbon, 1 1/2 times the length of the previous one
- Strong craft glue
- Artist markers, colors: green (2 shades), gold, red – Alternatively, you can use high quality acrylic craft paints and a brush
- Nail (or craft) glitter star or rhinestone, any color
- Optional: a) small tweezers for the glitter, b) protective varnish for your painted pebble
- Spread some glue, evenly, on the metal ring band and cover it with the lace ribbon. Wait for the glue to harden.
- While waiting for the glue to dry, use the gold color marker (or craft paint) to make an abstract background design on the beach pebble.
- Continue by designing a dotted dark green Christmas tree. Wait for the paint to dry.
- Add more dots, lighter green and red, to your Christmas tree design. When the paint has dried completely, decorate the top of your tree with the glitter star or rhinestone.
- After the glue has hardened, take the second piece of lace ribbon and cut it in half. Glue both these halves on the back side of your pebble. Once again, wait for the glue to dry.
- Finally, glue the pebble on the flat top of your ring band.
- Have a little more patience for the glue to harden and dry completely and… your Christmas ring is ready to wear! Or, you can wrap it beautifully in a gift box, to use as a stocking stuffer.
If you're looking for more DIY Christmas gifts for everyone on your list, check out 7 DIY Christmas Gifts: Handmade Gift Ideas You'll Love. This free PPDF eBook is filled with great projects that you'll simply love making. Whether you want to create gifts for your best friend or design something meaningful for your closest loved ones, you'll find great DIY Christmas gift ideas to enjoy.
Read NextTeardrop Christmas Ornaments