Ice Skating Reindeer
Have fun in the snow with this adorable Ice Skating Reindeer Decoration. Place this cutie on your mantel or kitchen table during the holiday season. DIY Christmas crafts are a great excuse to show off your spirit and excitement. Best of all, DIY Christmas decorations help you save money and focus on the most wonderful time of the year. In fact, this adorable reindeer will boost your mood and keep you smiling. Using polymer clay, you can create a one-of-a-kind creature that's simply adorable. Polymer clay is perfect for beginners and kids, so the whole family can enjoy this project together.
- FIMO Soft Polymer clay — Caramel, Cherry Red, White, Black, Sahara
- AMACO WireForm Craft Wire — 22 gauge aluminum
- Small black beads without holes
- Crystal colored glitter
- 3" Circle Mirror
- Pasta Machine
- Craft Knife
- Flatten White FIMO on the #5 setting on pasta machine. Place mirror in center and cut out around leaving 1/4" border. Roll additional White FIMO into a log, 1/4" in diameter, and wrap around over edges of mirror. Trim white clay. Make indentations around border with thumb to create the look of snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter.
- Shape a 1" ball of caramel into a tapered log for body. Shape four 1/2" caramel balls into tapered logs. Gently press thick end with thumb creating foot. Press legs to body. Flatten four 1/2" black balls. Press on bottom of each foot.
- Shape wire into ice skate shape. Press in bottom of each foot.
- Marble red and white clay then flatten. Cut a strip 1/2" wide and wrap around neck area. Trim. Add streamers from this strip.
- Shape a 1" ball of caramel into a rounded triangle and press over neck. Press in eyes and shape. Add a small red ball for nose.
- Flatten red/white marble mix and cut a strip 1/2" wide. Wrap around top of head for a hat. Wrap a log around bottom of hat for brim. Add a 1/4" red ball at top.
- Apply tiny shavings of white onto hat and feet for snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter.
Tiny Christmas Tree:
- Flatten two 1/8" balls of green and shape into triangles. Layer one over top of the other. Flatten a tiny log of black for trunk of tree and press into front of reindeer. Apply tree triangles above and over top of trunk.
- Flatten two 3/8" balls of Sahara and shape into a teardrop. Make two indentations. Draw in stitch marks. Press wire into pointed end and trim. Apply tiny shavings of white on top of antlers for snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter. Bake antlers for 15 minutes at 265ºF. When cooled add to head.
- Bake entire figurine at 265ºF for 1 hour.