How to Make a DIY Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Transform your Christmas tree this holiday season with a simple, and stunning DIY Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament. Made from a wooden teething ring, 20 mm felt balls, embroidery floss, and twine, it's fast, easy, and a rustic chic beauty! Supplies needed to make a Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament are: wooden teething ring, 20 mm felt balls, embroidery floss, scissors, embroidery needle, twine, and optional pliers. Tie floss sections onto teething ring, thread on felt balls, space accordingly, knot floss at bottom of felt balls, trim, add twine hanging string to top of ring, hang it up, and admire!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Wooden Teething Ring
- 20mm Felt Balls
- Embroidery Floss
- Embroidery Needle
Cut 12″ of twine for a hanging string. Set aside.
Cut three 12″ sections of embroidery thread.
Tie and knot all three sections of embroidery floss onto teething ring.
Determine felt ball arrangement and color order.
Starting with the first section of string, thread needle with embroidery floss. String on felt balls, using pliers to help if needed.
String on felt balls to all three sections of embroidery thread.
Space out felt balls along embroidery floss as desired. Knot beneath bottom ball, and clip off excess.
Add hanging string to top of wooden teething ring.
Inspect and hang up the DIY felt ball dreamcatcher!
NotesThis same concept could be used to make a large felt ball dreamcatcher that could be added to a gallery wall or hung as a statement piece on the wall!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
- DIY Sparkly Pinecones
- Granny Square Wreath
- Diy Glitter Paper Christmas Ornaments
- Easy Snowman Candy Bars
- DIY Pom Pom Ornaments
- Recycled Painted Christmas Penguins
- 18 Wonderful Reindeer Crafts
- Holiday Baking Christmas Mad Libs Printable
- No Sewing Christmas Hoop Art
- Coffee Filter Angels Christmas Ornament Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Valentine Wine Cozy
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- In The Clouds Scarf
- Herringbone Chevron Beanie
- Arctic Ice Snood
- Create A Heart Template
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home