How to Make a DIY Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Transform your Christmas tree this holiday season with a simple, and stunning DIY Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament. Made from a wooden teething ring, 20 mm felt balls, embroidery floss, and twine, it's fast, easy, and a rustic chic beauty! Supplies needed to make a Felt Ball Dreamcatcher Ornament are: wooden teething ring, 20 mm felt balls, embroidery floss, scissors, embroidery needle, twine, and optional pliers. Tie floss sections onto teething ring, thread on felt balls, space accordingly, knot floss at bottom of felt balls, trim, add twine hanging string to top of ring, hang it up, and admire!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Wooden Teething Ring
- 20mm Felt Balls
- Embroidery Floss
- Embroidery Needle
Cut 12″ of twine for a hanging string. Set aside.
Cut three 12″ sections of embroidery thread.
Tie and knot all three sections of embroidery floss onto teething ring.
Determine felt ball arrangement and color order.
Starting with the first section of string, thread needle with embroidery floss. String on felt balls, using pliers to help if needed.
String on felt balls to all three sections of embroidery thread.
Space out felt balls along embroidery floss as desired. Knot beneath bottom ball, and clip off excess.
Add hanging string to top of wooden teething ring.
Inspect and hang up the DIY felt ball dreamcatcher!
NotesThis same concept could be used to make a large felt ball dreamcatcher that could be added to a gallery wall or hung as a statement piece on the wall!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Transform those dollar store vases into these stylish Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases, great for spring decorating. With these… Continue reading: "Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases"
- Hot Cocoa Amigurumi
- Holiday Baking Christmas Mad Libs Printable
- Hand Lettered Christmas Ornaments
- 23 Christmas Bead Crafts
- Free Printable Holiday Cards with Punched Cutouts
- Silver Plate Tray Advent Calendar
- 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- Recycled Laundry Scoop Christmas Scene
- Personalized Pet Christmas Stocking
- Upcycled Denim Christmas Trees
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy reusable Swiffer Mop Pads (wet Or Dry)
- The Eyelet Lace Tee
- Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkin
- Little Princess Romper
- High-low Baby Dress
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Hot Crochet Square Blanket
- Free Back To School Printable Activities Place Mat
- Stephanie Sweater
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home