Wedding Shower Centerpiece
Bridal shower decorations are important, too! This Wedding Shower Centerpiece is a great way to decorate on a budget! It's a cute and easy way to show your excitement for the bride to be.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Blocks, 4" x 4" x 2", two
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Cubes, one each: 5"; 3"
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Disc, 9" x 1-1/2"
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12" sheets: white embossed, three; muted bridal print, one; scraps
- Stickers: wedding; coordinating alphabet
- Dimensional embellishments: doves; bells
- Metal bookplate
- Silk flowers of choice
- Coordinating ribbon roses and bows
- White trim: lace, 1/2" x 2-1/2 yds.; daisy lace, 1 yd.; braid, 1/4" x 1 yd.
- Mini ring pillow
- Bead trim
- Pearl drop beads
- Rhinestone hearts
- Glittered stars and strips
- Glitter glue
- Plastic taper candle picks, two
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Paper trimmer (optional)
- Low temp-glue gun and glue sticks
- Glue: thick, white craft; paper-crafting
- Computer and printer
- Use glue gun to glue two foam block together to create 4" cube.
- Use standard scissors, or paper trimmer, to cut one 4", one 5", and one 6" square from one sheet of white embossed paper. Overlap and glue edges of two remaining embossed sheets 1" to create 12" x 23" sheet; cut following strips from paper: 3" x 13"; 4" x 17"; 5" x 21".
- Spread thin, even coat of glue onto top of first foam cube. Center appropriate paper square over glue and smooth with fingers. Fold excess paper down sides of cube, clipping corners so paper lies flat; let dry. Repeat with remaining cubes.
- Wrap long paper strips cut in Step 2 around sides of appropriate cubes, crimping edges. Remove paper and fold corners firmly to create crease. Glue paper strips around cubes; trim excess.
- Use glue gun to glue blocks together as shown, smallest to largest.
- Cut two 1" x 12" strips from bridal paper; overlap and glue ends 1". Trace foam disc onto back of remaining bridal paper; cut out and glue to top of disc. Glue strip around edge of disc, overlapping ends; trim excess. Glue cake to center of disc.
- Glue 1/2"-wide lace trim "icing" around top edge of each cake tier and around bottom of top and center tiers. Glue daisy lace trim around bottom edge of base.
- Refer to photo to decorate each tier with silk flowers, stickers, beads, and more. Find wedding quotes on-line and print onto scrap paper; adhere to tiers. Add lettering with glitter glue or alpha stickers. Add glittery or dimensional embellishments. Add small photos or personal memorabilia. Glue mini ring pillow to top of cake.
Read NextRibbon Wrapped Candle Centerpiece