Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Customize and personalize cloth and fabric items with the help of Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts. Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced stitcher, you’ll find inspiration in this guide. Add colorful patterns to embellish drab fabric or create a one-of-a-kind gift for a friend–the possibilities are endless!
Learn to Embroider contains eleven designs that feature both conventional and abstract shapes as well as words and phrases. Every tutorial is accompanied by a pattern and a key which outlines thread color and stitch information. This book also includes full-sized images of each project so that you can compare your work-in-progress to the finished product.
For beginners who might not be able to differentiate between stitches, Learn to Embroider opens with an introductory section that includes an overview of embroidery and a guide to the craft's standard materials and tools. In addition to this summary of the art form, there is a three page stitch glossary that covers basic stitches as well as advanced techniques and variations.
Once you’ve mastered the information within Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts, you can take what you’ve learned and get creative. Combine different stitches to create a design of your own!Give your clothing, accessories, or home decor new life or design something brand new with the tips inside Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts. Monogram a tea towel, gussy up a table runner, or add beaded fringe to a decorative throw pillow.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Transform those dollar store vases into these stylish Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases, great for spring decorating. With these… Continue reading: "Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases"
- The Knitted Odd bod Bunch
- Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
- Making Baby's Clothes
- Super Cute Felt
- How to Make 100 Crochet Appliques
- Win a copy of the Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book!
- A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
- Homemade Gifts with Love
- Fairy Enchantment
- The Perfect Finish Book
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy reusable Swiffer Mop Pads (wet Or Dry)
- The Eyelet Lace Tee
- Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkin
- Little Princess Romper
- High-low Baby Dress
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Hot Crochet Square Blanket
- Free Back To School Printable Activities Place Mat
- Stephanie Sweater
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home