India Inspired Bedside Dresser
My 5 year old neighbor Victoria was mesmerized by this side table so I guess I already know where it will be ending up after this book is finished. Nothing better than some jewels to liven up an otherwise drab side table for a girl’s room, right! This technique is really simple and can fancy up any plain surface. Try it on mirrors or even an entire dresser. With plain walls and bedding your India inspired furniture can be the focal point of the room.
- Purple spray paint *I used Krylon Fusion
- Metallic gold spray paint
- Household Goop Glue
- Lace fabric
- Gems in different colors
- Remove all of the hardware from your dresser and wipe clean. Sand it a little bit first if you have to.
- Spray paint (or paint) your entire dresser. Give it several coats.
- When dry, place the lace on top of each surface and lightly spray over it with the metallic gold spray paint to get the relief of the lace.
- Continue doing this all over the entire side table.
- When you’ve completed the table, play with your gems to figure out where they will be glued. It’s pretty easy since most lace has a repeat pattern.